Embattled CNBLUE member to hold final fan meeting before military enlistment
- Article View Option
SEOUL, Feb. 7 (Yonhap) -- CNBLUE's Jung Yong-hwa will hold a meet-and-greet event early next month before he starts his mandatory military service, the singer's agency said Wednesday.
FNC Entertainment announced on its website that the 29-year-old singer will meet fans from March 2-3 at Hwajung Gymnasium of Korea University in Seoul.
"Jung Yong-hwa is going to spend some time with his fans for one last time before enlisting in the military. Through his music, he will express his gratitude to fans who have been supporting him with so much love," the agency said. It added that the concert proceeds will be donated to charity according to the star's wishes.
The singer has been under fire for his suspicious admission to a graduate school.
According to police, he applied for a doctorate course at Kyung Hee University's department of applied arts in October 2016 but did not gain admission because he didn't show up for an interview. The 28-year-old singer also failed to appear for an interview for additional recruitment at the university two months later but was still admitted to the program.
Jung recently quit a television show after the incident was made public. He apologized on his Instagram account for "causing trouble."
Last month, the agency said that the singer will start his mandatory military service on March 5.
These file photos show singer Jung Yong-hwa of CNBLUE and the handwritten letter of apology he posted on his Instagram account Jan. 17, 2018. (Yonhap)