SEOUL, April 3 (Yonhap) -- North Korea said Wednesday it will ban South Korean workers from entering the inter-Korean industrial park in Kaesong, only allowing South Koreans now staying at the North Korean border town to return home.
Seoul's Ministry of Unification said that it received an official notification to the effect from the North earlier in the day.
"South Korea's government deeply regrets the entry ban and urges it be lifted immediately," ministry spokesman Kim Hyung-seok said in a press conference. He said every effort is being made to ensure the safety of South Korean nationals at the industrial site.
- Park, aides under fire over personnel appointments
- Gov't debt relief plan raises specter of moral hazard
- Seoul-Tokyo ties to remain strained for time being
- Park-Obama summit feared to be overshadowed by stalled talks on nuclear cooperation
- New gov't paralyzed without Cabinet, division of duties
- Park vows 'trust-building' with N. Korea despite nuke brink
- Park compromises on controversial campaign projects
- Park's personnel selections raise concerns over national unity
- S. Korea's plan to build more power plants threatens emissions-reducing goal
- Tensions mount over Park's gov't reorganization plan
- Park faces dilemma over covert personnel selections
- Park seeks to get her message through to public with new openness
- S. Korea vows stronger alliance in Obama's second-term
- New administrative city suffers teething problems
- Poor command of mother tongue by young Korean-Chinese poses challenges
- (News Focus) Speculation abounds over 'mysterious' resignation of transition team member
- Speculation abounds over 'mysterious' resignation of top transition team member
Home > National > Politics/Diplomacy