Go Search Go Contents Go to bottom site map

Another victim accuses ex-Gov. An of multiple sexual assaults

2018/03/14 17:17

Article View Option

SEOUL, March 14 (Yonhap) -- Another alleged victim of former provincial governor An Hee-jung's sexual misconduct filed a complaint with the prosecution on Wednesday, asking that her case be included in the ongoing probe against him, prosecution officials said.

Two lawyers representing the victim, whose identity is being withheld, submitted the complaint to the Seoul Western District Prosecutors' Office, requesting a probe into An on charges of adultery and sexual harassment by force, according to the office.

The victim accuses An, former governor of South Chungcheong Province, of forcing her to have sex with him three times and sexually molesting her four times between 2015 and 2017.

The fresh complaint comes on the heels of a revelation by his former secretary Kim Ji-eun, who claimed a series of sexual abuses by the governor last year.

Kim told her story in a television news interview, sending shockwaves through the public. An, a prominent liberal politician billed as a potential presidential candidate, has resigned over the scandal.

In an unexpected move, An presented himself at the prosecution last Friday even though he was not summoned. He apologized to the public and said he came voluntarily to explain himself.

Prosecutors have raided his former office and official residence to confiscate evidence.