S. Korean activists fined for unauthorized meeting with N. Koreans
SEOUL, March 6 (Yonhap) -- Three South Korean activists who made unauthorized contact with North Koreans in China last month were fined 1 million won (US$891) each Tuesday over the meetings, the Unification Ministry said.
The three activists from the pro-unification group, South Side Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration, were notified of the fine and have until March 20 to raise any objections, a ministry official said on condition of anonymity.