By Lee Chi-dong
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Yonhap) -- North Korea seems to have taken "initial steps" to deploy mobile long-range missiles, the head of the U.S. intelligence community said Tuesday, as the unpredictable communist nation churns out military threats.
"Last April it displayed what appears to be a rogue mobile intercontinental ballistic missile," James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, said at a Senate hearing on national security challenges. "We believe North Korea has already taken initial steps towards fielding this system, although it remains untested."
He was apparently talking about North Korea's military parade in April last year, in which what seems to be a new long-range missile was made public.