Go Search Go Contents Go to bottom site map

Little progress in China's efforts to convince N. Korea to change course

2013/09/06 07:00

BEIJING, Sept. 6 (Yonhap) -- China appears to have been unable to make much headway in the latest diplomatic efforts to persuade North Korea to abandon its nuclear weapons program, diplomatic sources with knowledge of last week's talks between the two said Friday.

China's chief nuclear envoy Wu Dawei made a five-day visit to North Korea last week, during which he met with his North Korean counterpart, Kim Kye-gwan. The Chinese foreign ministry has said the two sides discussed ways to re-start the long-stalled six-party talks on the North's nuclear weapons programs.

Related Articles