Go Search Go Contents Go to bottom site map

Worker killed in gas leak at Samsung plant

2014/03/27 17:31

By Kang Yoon-seung

SUWON/SEOUL, March 27 (Yonhap) -- A gas leakage at a Samsung facility in southern Seoul sparked by a malfunction of the fire extinguishing system left one worker dead, local authorities id Thursday, raising concerns over the safety conditions at the country's top tech giant amid a series of similar accidents.

Local police and fire authorities said the building's safety system released carbon dioxide after it wrongly detected fire, suffocating a 52-year-old man who worked for a partner company of Samsung.