S. Korean midfielder will stay with Crystal Palace: agent
Go Search Go Contents Go to bottom site map

S. Korean midfielder will stay with Crystal Palace: agent

2018/02/01 10:53

Article View Option

SEOUL, Feb. 1 (Yonhap) -- Crystal Palace's South Korean midfielder Lee Chung-yong will not be loaned out to his former club Bolton Wanderers, the player's management agency said Thursday.

Inspokorea said Lee's loan deal fell apart following a request from Palace manager Roy Hodgson. The Seoul-based agency previously said the 29-year-old will be loaned out to Bolton, where Lee played from 2009 to 2015 before signing with Palace.

"Following Bakary Sako's injury, Hodgson apparently made an urgent request that they cannot release Lee," Inspokorea said in a release.

Lee, whose contract with Palace expires in June, was looking for a way to get more time on the pitch. The former FC Seoul man played only 109 minutes in three Premier League matches for Palace this season.

"It makes me flustered as the loan deal was cancelled due to my teammate's sudden injury," Lee said through Inspokorea. "I'll forget what's happened. Now, I'll just try hard and give my best on the pitch for the remainder of the season."

   Lee, who has eight goals in 78 caps for South Korea, enjoyed his heyday with Bolton. He had 20 goals and 36 assists for Bolton, currently in the second-tier Championship.

This file photo taken June 7, 2017, shows South Korean football player Lee Chung-yong. (Yonhap) This file photo taken June 7, 2017, shows South Korean football player Lee Chung-yong. (Yonhap)

kdon@yna.co.kr

(END)

angloinfo.com