S. Korea not considering closure of Kaesong complex: official
SEOUL, Jan. 12 (Yonhap) -- South Korea said Tuesday it is not considering temporarily shutting down a joint industrial park in North Korea at this stage despite the North's claimed successful test of a hydrogen bomb last week.
The government has decided to limit the entry of South Korean nationals into Kaesong Industrial Complex in the North's border city of the same name in a bid to ensure the safety of its people there following the North's fourth nuclear test since 2006.
"At this stage, it is too early to talk about a possible closure of the factory zone," said an official at the Unification Ministry. "We are not considering shutting down the complex for now."
A total of 124 South Korean firms are running factories with about 54,000 North Koreans working at the complex, which opened in 2004 as a symbol of inter-Korean reconciliation.